July 21, 2017
The July 21, 2017 E-News has been posted.Read More »July 17, 2017
On January 10, 2017, Governor Eric Greitens signed Executive Order 17-03 which mandated a review of every state agency regulation, including those under the jurisdiction of the Missouri Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and Board for Certification of Interpreters. As part of the review process, MCDHH will be accepting public comments to identify regulations that are ineffective, unnecessary, or unduly burdensome. The full text of our rules can be found here: http://s1.sos.mo.gov/cmsimages/adrules/csr/current/5csr/5c100-200.pdf
Comments will be accepted:
- In written form with no more than 500 words before September 17, 2017;
- As a video in sign language lasting no longer than 5 minutes before September 17, 2017;
- At the following public hearings:
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 10:00 am-12:00 pm at the James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center, Room 139
- Friday, August 18, 2017, 10:00 am-12:00 pm at the Truman Building, Room 492
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Please consider the following in your comments to further help us determine the value of our regulations:
- The regulation is essential to the health, safety, or welfare of Missouri residents;
- The costs of the regulation do not outweigh their benefits, based on a cost benefit analysis;
- A process and schedule exist to measure the effectiveness of the regulation;
- Less restrictive alternatives have been considered and found less desirable than the regulation;
- The regulation is based on sound, reasonably available scientific, technical, economic, and other relevant information; and
- The regulation does not unduly and adversely affect Missouri citizens or customers of the State or the competitive environment in Missouri.
All comments on existing rules must be submitted by September 17, 2017, for consideration in the review process. We encourage you to share this with other stakeholders—including deaf and hard of hearing individuals, sign language interpreters, professionals, teachers, and family members—in order to maximize input. You can learn more about the Governor’s initiative to review regulations on this website: https://nomoredtape.com/
. Thank you for your participation.
Written comments should be mailed to:
Administrative Rules Review
205 Jefferson St.
PO Box 480
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480
Signed video comments should be emailed to:
firstname.lastname@example.orgRead More »May 31, 2017
The Missouri Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing wants your ideas about our programs! We are giving a survey to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Missourians. We will use this survey to make changes and improve the work we do here at MCDHH. Please take the survey here:
Your information is confidential. We need you to take the survey by October 2, 2017.
We will use this information to make changes to the work we do here at MCDHH. Your ideas and thoughts are important to us, so we hope you will take the survey!
Read More »May 12, 2017
Share Your ideas with Your community. Take the survey before October 2nd.
Registration information for the 24th Annual Missouri Interpreters Conference is now available online, and the conference mailer will be sent out soon. This year’s theme is “Come Together.” The focus will be on working collaboratively within the interpreting profession and with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community to develop skills and knowledge. Learn more about the conference on our website here: https://mcdhh.mo.gov/interpreters/conference/Read More »January 25, 2017
MCDHH is looking for a new staff interpreter! Learn about the job and click on the link to apply online.Read More »