On January 10, 2017, Governor Eric Greitens signed Executive Order 17-03 which mandated a review of every state agency regulation, including those under the jurisdiction of the Missouri Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and Board for Certification of Interpreters. As part of the review process, MCDHH will be accepting public comments to identify regulations that are ineffective, unnecessary, or unduly burdensome. The full text of our rules can be found here: http://s1.sos.mo.gov/cmsimages/adrules/csr/current/5csr/5c100-200.pdf
Comments will be accepted:
- In written form with no more than 500 words before September 17, 2017;
- As a video in sign language lasting no longer than 5 minutes before September 17, 2017;
- At the following public hearings:
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 10:00 am-12:00 pm at the James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center, Room 139
- Friday, August 18, 2017, 10:00 am-12:00 pm at the Truman Building, Room 492
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Please consider the following in your comments to further help us determine the value of our regulations:
- The regulation is essential to the health, safety, or welfare of Missouri residents;
- The costs of the regulation do not outweigh their benefits, based on a cost benefit analysis;
- A process and schedule exist to measure the effectiveness of the regulation;
- Less restrictive alternatives have been considered and found less desirable than the regulation;
- The regulation is based on sound, reasonably available scientific, technical, economic, and other relevant information; and
- The regulation does not unduly and adversely affect Missouri citizens or customers of the State or the competitive environment in Missouri.
All comments on existing rules must be submitted by September 17, 2017, for consideration in the review process. We encourage you to share this with other stakeholders—including deaf and hard of hearing individuals, sign language interpreters, professionals, teachers, and family members—in order to maximize input. You can learn more about the Governor’s initiative to review regulations on this website: https://nomoredtape.com/. Thank you for your participation.
Written comments should be mailed to:
Administrative Rules Review
205 Jefferson St.
PO Box 480
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480
Signed video comments should be emailed to: